STANDING ROCK SIOUX INDIAN RESERVATION
2020 TRIBAL ELK PROCLAMATION
The Standing Rock Game and Fish Commission held a meeting and went on record to set the Tribal Elk Season.
Pursuant to the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, Code of Justice, Title IX “Fish and Wildlife Conservation Code”. The governing of all taking of game and fish species by Indians within the exterior boundaries of the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation as defined by the Act of March 2, 1889, Stat. 888, and by non-Indians within the exterior boundaries of the reservation as defined above on lands held by
The Tribe shall manage the fish and wildlife resources of the reservation primarily for subsistence use by tribal members. Non-members may be allowed the privilege for taking fish and wildlife only at times and places and under conditions deemed appropriate.
I HEREBY DECLARE AND PROCLAIM:
1. That there is hereby established a Tribal Elk season commencing at sunrise to sunset as follows:
Season dates: 09/01/2020 – 12/31/2020 ARCHERY
09/26/2020 – 12/31/2020 RIFLE
Total number of permits 43.
19 cows for Districts
4 cows/spikes for lottery (members)
4 cows/spike for lottery (non-members)
8 bulls for members for lottery
4 bulls Non-Member/Non-Resident for lottery
4 bulls Non-Member/Non-Resident for auction
ALL HUNTERS WILL BE SURPERVISED BY GAME AND FISH
Each District will designate a shooter; shooter must provide minutes of district showing that he was selected as a shooter. Each district is responsible for the processing of their Elk.
For the 2020 tribal Elk season all tribal members and tribal elderly members will be required to go through a lottery process to obtain a cow elk or bull elk license. There is an application fee of $5.00 per entry up to 5 entries. An individual may enter both the cow and bull elk lottery. If an individual enters both the cow and bull elk lottery and is successful in both, they must select either the cow or the bull. The forfeited tag will be placed in the second round drawing. All application fees are non-refundable.
The auction will take place on the Game and Fish web-site. Bidding will start at $2500 and will continue until no additional bids are received within 10 minutes after the closing date and time. All winners and losers will be notified by e-mail through the Game and Fish web-site. Failure to accept your tag will result in the tag going to the next highest bidder.
2. Nothing over six shells in a clip will be allowed to hunt Elk. That all members and non-members are eligible, provided, they apply for and have in their possession a valid Elk License.
3. That licenses and special permits with tags shall be issued in a manner and form prescribed by the Game and Fish Code and in accordance with law. Any other Big Game not listed are not to be hunted with this permit or license and shall be considered closed to hunting unless otherwise specific by season.
4. That any members or non-members under fourteen (14) years of age who resides on the Reservation and has passed a “Hunter Safety Course” shall be permitted to hunt only if accompanied at all times when hunting with a licensed person at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
5. ATV/UTV’s are not allowed for Big Game hunting!!! No hand held radios. Hunters must wear fluorescent orange vest or hat.
All provisions U.S.C. 18 U.S.C. 1164-65 and all provisions of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe’s “Conservation Code” shall be enforced. These provisions of tribal law are also covered and enforced in accordance with the Lacey Act of 1981.
All revenues collected for these purposes shall be used towards the expansion and renovation of wildlife habitat’s, recreational areas, wildlife mitigation areas and the tribal buffalo herd and for defrayment of administrative expenses.
All hunting and fishing within the boundaries of the reservation are governed in accordance with Tribal Law, Title IX, entitled “Fish and Wildlife Management and Conservation Code” as defined within:
PROTECTION OF WILDLIFE
SECTIONS 4-101 THROUGH 4-106
PROTECTION OF FISH
SECTIONS 5-101 THROUGH 5-109
POSSESSION AND TRANSPORTATION OF FISH AND WILDLIFE
SECTION 6-101 THROUGH 7-137
LICENSES TO HUNT, FISH AND TRAP
SECTION 7-101 THROUGH 7-137
FISH AND WILDLIFE PUBLIC SAFETY
SECTION 8-101 THROUGH 8-110
HUNTER SAFETY AND EDUCATION
SECTION 9-101 THROUGH 9-103
CHECK STATIONS – WASTE OF WILDLIFE
SECTION 11-101 THROUGH 10-102
PENALTIES AND SANCTIONS
SECTION 11-101 THROUGH 11-105
SECTION 12-101 THROUGH 12-111
PROTECTED AREAS AND WETLANDS
SECTION 13-101 THROUGH 13-102
WOOD HARVESTING AND CUTTING
SECTION 14-101 THROUGH 14-103
SECTION 15-101 THROUGH 15-107
PRESERVATION OF ARCHAELOGICAL RESOURCES
SECTION 16-101 THROUGH 16-111
SECTION 17-101 THROUGH 17-114
PROCLAMATION LEGAL EFFECT
SECTION 18-101 THROUGH 18-103
DATED THIS __________ DAY OF ___________________ 20_____.
Mr. Mike Faith - Chairman
Standing Rock Sioux Tribe